7.12.10

:: Cosmetology School ::

Well I just started Cosmetology School last week and I've been super busy with my job before that so I haven't posted in a while. I thought I'd add the things I'm learning at School in the meantime until I have more time to make posts again :) Here we goo...

Finger Waves

This was a popular hair style in the 20's and 30's and is basically achieved by putting either a gel or a pomade in the hair and then manipulating it by pinching it between your fingers. While pinching it you comb the hair outside of the pinch in the opposite direction of the original pinch in a wave like motion. You can wear it alone or add finger waves with pin curls (below) to get an even more flavorful look! This style has really come back as a classy red carpet look and can work on both long and short hair! The more water and product, the better!! Here's some pics of my dolly Wanda!





Pin Curls

Next we learned how to do pin curls, so we basically just added them in under the Finger Waves to give a more complete look. The pin curls were really fun and super easy! All you do is take horizontal sections with your comb and then split them up into about 6 or so vertical pieces and then add more product and roll them up as you would a garden hose! Then clip them with a pin at the base and not on top of the curl you rolled and move onto the next section! We did this on the entire rest of the head...here are some pics!






And this is how it all turned out....






Okay guys, that's all for now, I also have pictures of Roller Sets and Braids (French Braiding, Corn Rowing & Fish Tailing all coming soon inshAllah).

Hope you liked it <3


No comments:

Post a Comment